TO NEVER HAVE TO CHOOSE BETWEEN HEALTH AND CONVENIENCE
INA was found to create a better reality and future of menstrual products in the GCC;
Where Arab women never have to worry about compromising their health, convenience, or the environment.
The back story of INA; the first-ever biodegradable period box in the GCC
Meet Eman: Founder and owner of INA.
A Kuwaiti business woman who believes that Arab women should have the accessibility to menstrual products that are all-natural, toxin-free, and eco-friendly. So she had the idea of creating the first-ever monthly subscription box of biodegradable sanitary pads in the GCC.
When we learned about the deteriorating environment because of plastic and pesticides that all mass-produced sanitary pads on the market have, we also learned that it is not only our planet that is suffering from it.
Our health as women is highly impacted by it. All the toxic ingredients, pesticides and plastic correlated with the problems we face during our periods. Sensitivity, dryness, and irritation all made sense. Even though this time when we need to be cautious of our health the most.
Despite these findings of all this discomfort and inconvenience with our periods physically, mentally, and socially, we are not vocal about the challenges we face.
Therefore, we only had one option that we deserve as Arab women. We had to create accessible organic, biodegradable sanitary products that respect our health and our planet. Not forgetting our role in encouraging women to build their confidence away from taboos and amplify their voice about their health.
INA is Sustainable
Being a sustainable company means implementing sustainability in every aspect of our business.
Fair Trade Statement
Although INA is not currently certified by the World Fair Trade Organization’s (WFTO) Guarantee System, we follow the ten key principles:
- Creating Opportunities for Economically Disadvantaged Producers.
- Transparency and Accountability.
- Fair Trading Practices.
- Payment of a Fair Price for high quality, ethically produced products.
- Ensuring no Child Labor or Forced Labor.
- Commitment to Non-Discrimination, Gender Equity, and Freedom of Association.
- Ensuring good Working Conditions and fairer pay.
- Capacity Building.
- Promoting Fair Trade.
- Respect for the Environment.
Sustainability and Ethical Standards
- Our commitment: INA’s commitment to perfection can be seen in every step of the manufacturing process. We actively source and promote products that minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Supporting Sustainable practices.
- By supporting and encouraging sustainable practices at all stages of our supply chain, INA recognizes our role of environmental stewardship to fulfill our responsibilities to farmers, workers, our customers, and the planet. We work closely with our manufacturing partners to verify traceability and ensure that sustainable growing and harvesting practices are followed. Organic farming increases soil productivity and preserves original plant species and natural biodiversity.
- Tested and Proven Products: Regular testing for purity of ingredients ensures customer safety and that the required regulations are met.